MONDAY, MAY 21, 2001, 5:30 P.M.
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, ADMINISTRATION BUILDING, SPARTANBURG, SC
1. Call to Order..........................................................Karen Floyd, Chairman
Hub Harvey of Franklin Graham Festival
Pledge of Allegiance
- Resolution designating West Main Street (Highway 29) from E. Blackstock Road westward to Interstate 85 as Warren H. Abernathy Highway in honor of Warren H. Abernathy.
- Resolution proclaiming May 22, 2001, as Bud Moore Day in Spartanburg County.
- Conduct Public Hearings Pertaining to the Following:
- Application for Permit for special Public Event Exclusion from Noise Ordinance for June 23, 2001, from 7:00 p.m. 11:30 p.m. at 708 Ramsgate Drive, Spartanburg.
4. Appearing Before Council:
No appearances scheduled.
5. Committee Reports:
PUBLIC HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES COMMITTEE- Hon. Johnnye Code Stewart, Chairman
A. Receive update on Arkwright redevelopment (Elena Rush to appear)
PERSONNEL and FINANCE COMMITTEE - Hon. Ken Huckaby, Chairman
- Acceptance of bid and authorization to convey property known as Landrum Library to the highest qualified bidder.
- Receive information and take desired action in reference to authorizing the Boiling Springs Board of Fire Control to issue general obligation bonds. (1st Reading of Ordinance)
- Receive information and take desired action in reference to recommendations of Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee.
- Receive information and take desired action in reference to Budget.
- Update on Local Option Sales Tax. (Chris Story to appear)
- Receive updated financial data.
RECREATION COMMITTEE - Hon. Jeff Horton, Chairman
- Receive monthly information regarding Cleveland Park Renovation project, including fundraising status and project implementation. (Mr. Jeff Caton to appear/backup to be provided under separate cover.)
- Receive monthly progress report and take desired action regarding USCS Soccer Complex. (Mr. Jeff Caton to appear.)
ECONOMIC RECRUITMENT and DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE - Hon. David Britt, Chairman
A. Receive information and take desired action concerning the request from the Carolina Foothills Artisan Center.
PUBLIC SAFETY AND JUDICIARY COMMITTEE - Hon. Rock Adams, Chairman
- Discussion on animal control and nuisances.
- Receive information in reference to Wireless E 9-1-1.
- Receive information and take desired action in reference to a request from Arcadia Fire Department to have a boot drive to raise money for Training Equipment on Blackstock, Spring Street, Pickney, and Morning Drive on Saturday, June 2, 2001, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Receive information regarding activities of Building Codes Department.
LAND USE COMMITTEE -Hon. David Britt, Chairman
- Receive updated information concerning changes to the Unified Land Management Ordinance.
PUBLIC WORKS, BUILDINGS and GROUNDS COMMITTEE - Hon. Frank Nutt Chairman
- Receive information regarding activities of Public Works Department.
6. Old Business:
- Render second reading to FY-02 Budget Ordinance.
- New Business:
Render first reading to an ordinance authorizing the execution and delivery of a lease agreement between Spartanburg County, South Carolina, as lessor, and ZF Lemforder Corporation as lessee; and other matters relating thereto including, without limitation, payment of a fee in lieu of taxes.
B. Receive information and take desired action in reference to a Public Hearing on the issuance of general obligation bonds by the Boiling Springs Board of Fire Control. (Adopt Resolution)
8. Reading and approval of resolutions, ordinances, agreements, petitions,
and other documents for the financing of certain industrial facilities through the issuance of Spartanburg County, industrial development or similar bonds or notes, or Fee-In-Lieu of Tax (FILOT) agreements.
- Miscellaneous Council/Administrative Matters.
- Approval of Minutes: April 16, 2001 (regular meeting)