Everything you need to know about the 2022-23 Spartanburg County Resurfacing Program
- Today, most cross road culvert pipes and box culverts are made of concrete. The older pipe materials must be replaced due to erosion, material fatigue, rust, etc.
- There is approximately 1500 linear feet of concrete cross road pipe replacement in the Spartanburg County 2022 Resurfacing Project alone. Several other road projects include bridge and box culvert replacement.
- Did you know that asphalt pavement is the most recycled product in America?
- Did you know that approximately 95 million tons of asphalt pavement material is recycled back into roadways each year?
- Did you know that asphalt pavement was one of the first products (on a large scale) to be recycled?
- Asphalt pavement has a 99% recycling rate!
- Recycled concrete is used for hundreds of purposes, including the cement used to stabilize the road.
- The Spartanburg County 2022 Resurfacing Project includes over 50 miles of roadway.
- There is a planned 660,000 SY of sub-grade stabilization and widening through a process called CMRB (Cement Modified Recycled Base).