To serve as the communications link between the citizen and public safety agencies; accurate identification of the citizen’s location and public safety response needs; quick and accurate activation of public safety services; to provide communication support and coordination for all city / county public safety and applicable support agencies.
In carrying out our mission, we recognize that service is our one and only product and that we share a common, ongoing goal to provide it at the most superior level possible. We also recognize that our strength and success are tied directly to the individual and unique contributions of each of us working in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork with our public safety associates both within and outside the Communications / 9-1-1 Department.
Communications / 9-1-1
Spartanburg County Communications / 9-1-1 is the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for law enforcement, fire, rescue, emergency medical, and emergency management services within all of Spartanburg County. The Department provides emergency communication services to all citizens and to more than eighty (80) public safety agencies throughout Spartanburg County. Our primary goal is to provide the most effective emergency communications possible for the citizens, visitors, and public safety agencies of Spartanburg County.
Please contact the Communications / 9-1-1 Department with any questions, concerns and / or comments regarding 9-1-1 and emergency communications.
- Provide the most effective emergency communications possible for the citizens and visitors of Spartanburg County.
- Provide City / County public safety field personnel with professional communication services with emphasis on safety, accuracy, and cooperation.
- Provide good jobs to competent people.
- Provide a relevant and effective training program.
- Maintain professional standards.
- Assist other City and County departments and outside agencies whenever possible.
- Be innovative!
To help grow our database with the most reliable information, we are strongly encouraging everyone to register on our Code Red Community Notification Enrollment Page (CNE). The secure, customized CNE page allows our residents and businesses to add or update their contact information to ensure they will be included when an emergency, general, or weather message is sent – unlisted numbers, mobile numbers, TDD/TTY requirements can all be entered. Below are some advantages of the Weather Notification service provided by Code Red:
• Stay Safe: Code Red Weather Warning will alert registered citizens, in the direct path of severe weather
• Alert Types: Notifications will be sent out moments after a severe thunderstorm warning, tornado warning, or flash flood warning has been issued by the National Weather Services. Only citizens in the immediate impact area will be alerted
• Caller ID: Registered citizens will know the call is from Code Red Weather Warning when you see the telephone number 1-800-566-9780. If you would like to hear the last message delivered to your phone simply dial the number back.
• Privacy: Your contact information will remain private and will only be used for severe weather or emergency alerts.
• Register to get the Call: Users must opt-in to receive weather notifications.
With everyone taking a moment to fill out the CNE, we can ensure the citizens of Spartanburg County receive timely notifications via multiple platforms (email, cell, landline, text). If you wish to receive these notifications, please visit the Code Red Website.