Child Support / Alimony

Effective February 1, 2015 the Clerk of Court stopped accepting personal or bill pay checks to pay child support and / or alimony. Payers can still pay by cash, cashier checks, money orders, and credit / debit cards.

Making Support Payments
Payments can be made in person, by mail and by Wage with-holding through your employer. If you would like to request Wage With-holding, contact the Support Enforcement Office, 864-596-2587.  

Pay your child support / alimony online
Credit / Debit cards can only be used when you are not set for court and a judge has not ordered you to pay an amount plus court costs.  
Credit / Debit cards can not be used when the account payer is incarcerated or has an active bench warrant.
Credit card payments are not available over the phone.

There is a convenience fee for using this service. The fee is $1.00 plus 1.7% of the amount paid.  

For example: A $100.00 payment will cost $100.00 + $1.00 + ($100.00 X 1.7%) = $102.70

Your total payment amount will be calculated prior to completing your payment request. 

Payments will be posted the next business day.

Identity Protection
In our continuing efforts to protect the identity of the public, you will be asked to produce a picture ID to obtain information on your account. We don’t give account information to a third party and we do not give Payment information over the phone. Please call our 24 hour payment numbers.

Print Outs
To obtain a Support Print out, you will need to produce your picture ID and there is a charge of $1.00 per year. Only the parties on the account can pick up a print out. We do not do print outs after 4:30 pm.

24 Hour Payments Numbers
We have automated phone numbers available to call to obtain payment and Rule to Show Cause information by using your Case ID number. Your case ID is printed on your check, or you can contact the Support Enforcement Division to get it.

Direct Deposit
We offer direct deposit. You can locate the form for direct deposit on our website, in the Support Enforcement Office and in the Payments Office.

Change of Address
Please keep your address and phone number updated with the Support Enforcement, even if you have direct deposit. To change you address, you must provide a picture ID and your written current address information. There is a change of address form on our website. A change of address can be made in person, by fax or by email.

When the post office and/or Clerk of Court’s office are closed due to a holiday, it will cause the support checks to be later than normal. Please take that into consideration during any holiday. County Holidays Listing

Outside Resources
South Carolina Department of Social Service / Social Service / Child Support Enforcement Division
1714 North Pleasantburg Drive / 2nd Floor
Greenville, S.C. 29606
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 17799
Greenville, S.C. 29606
Telephone: 1-800-768-6779 or 864-282-4650
Fax: 864-282-4634

Upstate Fatherhood Program
300 Union St., Suite F, Spartanburg, SC 29306
Phone: 864-598-5249
Fax: 864-598-5251

South Carolina Judicial Department

For SRL child support packets and Self Help Resources

Lawyer Referral Service

Child Support Brochure