Mobile Home Installation Guide
Please Do Not Call For Any Inspection Until The following Requirements Are Complete.
- Underpinning/skirting installed and vented. Skirting/underpinning must be around the entire home with brick, masonry, vinyl, or similar materials designed and manufactured for permanent outdoor installation. (Note: Brick, block, or stone skirting/underpinning must have properly installed concrete footings)
- Four (4) inch address numbers must visibly displayed on the front of the home and if the home is located more than fifty (50) feet from the street, four (4) inch address numbers must also be located on the mailbox or at the driveway.
- The Spartanburg County registration sticker that contains the manufactured home registration number must be permanently affixed in the front window of the manufactured home facing the street. The registration sticker must be readily visible from the outside of the manufactured home.
- Septic/Sewer and water supply must be connected. Installation of plumbing must meet the current adopted edition of the International Residential Code (IRC).
- Tie downs/Anchors and piers installed per manufacturer’s installation requirements or the Manufactured Housing Board standards.
- Vapor barrier installed under the home. Minimum six (6) mil polyethylene sheeting or equivalent required.
- Landings and steps installed at every exit with handrails and guardrails complying with the current adopted edition of the International Residential Code (IRC).
- All tires and rims must be removed at time of set-up.
- All electrical work completed. Electrical must comply with the current adopted edition of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Driveway pipe installed per regulations if required by State/County. For State road requirements call 864-587-4725. For County road requirements call 864-596-3583.
- Dryer vents must be installed and vented in accordance with the current adopted edition of the International residential code (IRC).