Some of the duties of the job include but are not limited to:
Supervises inmates during meals, recreational and related activities for conformance to institutional rules, regulations, and procedures.
Performs cell searches and checks safety equipment to ensure the facility is safe and secure
Take charge of critical incidents
The Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office is proud to offer competitive salaries.
The minimum salary for a detention deputy is $39,427.
No prior law enforcement experience is required to do this job.
You will be trained for six weeks and sent to the S.C. Criminal Justice Academy (all paid) to receive certification after three completed weeks.
Benefits that come with the job include:
- Health, Life, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Optional Life and Disability Insurance
- Optional Medical and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Annual and Sick Leave
- 12 recognized Holidays
- Police Officers Retirement System (as applicable)
- Optional Deferred Compensation Program
- Longevity Pay Increase (after 18 months of service)
- Optional Federal Credit Union Membership
Free Employee Health Clinic
Leadership, Professional and Skill Development Training
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Wellness Program
Access to Gym
Eligibility to receive GI Bill Benefits (for Veterans)
To apply, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have no crimes of moral turpitude on your record