How will I get restitution?
A person that is ordered to pay restitution to a victim is put on probation. During this time, they must comply with a strict payment plan that is set up by their supervising agent with the state Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services – PPP. PPP collects the restitution payments and distribute the money to victims. If you are a crime victim who is due restitution, make sure PPP has your current contact information. If you fail to receive a payment, you need to contact PPP at (864) 596-2582 in Spartanburg County or (864) 489-4568 in Cherokee County.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Solicitor?
2. What is a bond hearing?
3. What can I do to help with my case?
4. What are first and second appearances?
5. Why does it take so long for cases to come to court?
6. What kinds of cases are heard in Family Court?
7. What are my rights as a victim?
8. What is the Victim's Compensation Fund?
9. What is a preliminary hearing?
10. Can I report a crime to the Solicitor's Office?
11. What is the purpose of a grand jury?
12. What is transfer court?
13. How long do I have to wait for a fraudulent check conviction to be dropped from my record?
14. What is a VIS form?
15. How will I get restitution?
16. How do I get a charge expunged from my criminal record?